Saturday, April 02, 2005

April Fool Send Up!

The Chronicle’s front page April Fool story published yesterday caused quite a stir around the Rock.

Even the new Deputy Governor has had something to say about it, albeit with an elegant twist of fine British humour. We reproduce his letter below:

“I am writing to express my dismay at the article in your 1 April edition “Gib Govt makes Fishing Concessions to Spanish Anglers.

Your special correspondent has seriously distorted what I said. The trophy in question was in fact a silver conker won at the 1976 UK Schoolboy conker championships – one of my finest sporting achievements.

I know the pride you take in the professional standards of The Chronicle and its position as a newspaper of record. I am confident, therefore, that you will wish to print a correction. A half page article should suffice.”


We stand corrected…!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home